Video marketing is one of the most overlooked forms of online marketing. Some businesses are simply ignorant about the benefits of this method, while others find it to be a daunting task. However, creating videos is not as complex as it may sound. With a minimal budget, any business can produce quality videos for promoting their products and services. Here are some tips which can help you make the most of your video marketing campaigns.
1. Post on YouTube - When it comes to video marketing, the first place to start is YouTube, the most popular video sharing site which is owned by Google. All you need to do is setup a YouTube channel for your brand and then you can begin posting videos. Make sure the channel is branded appropriately using your logo, official colors, or brand name. Write a catchy description which includes keywords that are relevant to your industry or niche. If your videos are properly optimized, they will rank well on Google and will also enhance the ranking of your site.
2. Write great titles - Titles are not only vital for your site pages, but also for your videos. A great title will not only attract the attention of your audience, but will also enhance the ranking of your video. Therefore, take time to think of a title which is descriptive as well as creative. Make sure the title includes a relevant keyword phrase which appears near the front. You could also consider including your phone number in the title. This will allow customers to contact you even without having to watch the video.
3. Transcribe your videos - One of the best ways of optimizing your videos is by transcribing them. You can get your videos transcribed professionally for as little as $1 a minute. Once the transcription is complete, you can upload it on YouTube as a transcription file. In addition, you can add excerpts of the transcription in your video descriptions. You could also consider re-purposing the transcription into a blog post or a series of posts.
4. Include a link to your site - After watching your video, many people will require more details before they buy your products or services. It is therefore very important to include a link to your site or landing page within your video description. This can be a very effective way of converting your visitors into customers. In addition, directing traffic to your site is also likely to enhance its ranking in search engines. Don’t forget to also add a citation to your description. The citation should list your business name, telephone number and address as they appear in all your other profiles online.
5. Backlink to your videos - Backlinks are as important for videos as they are for web pages. Creating backlinks to your videos can be a very effective strategy for enhancing their search engine ranking. Therefore, whenever you write blog posts and articles, be sure to insert links to relevant videos. However, your focus should not be on quantity but quality. Make sure your links only appear in credible and well ranked sites. In addition, remember to share links to your videos in various social media networks.
6. Self-host your videos - Instead of hosting your videos on YouTube, you could consider hosting them directly on your own business site. This means that when your video appears in search engine results, the link will direct users to your site instead of YouTube. Self-hosting your videos will allow you to engage your visitors more effectively using calls to action and relevant information. Since there are no other videos competing for their attention, it is easier to convert visitors into customers.